High Speed Rail
Upcoming MeetingsMorgan Hill - Gilroy CWG
March 5, 2019, 6-8:00 pm
Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center
17000 Monterey Rd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Flyover Video San Jose to Merced Section
Latest Actions Related to High Speed Rail
On August 14th High Speed Rail Authority will be conducting two public meetings in the City of Morgan Hill. The meetings will be located at 17555 Peak Avenue in the Council Chambers of Morgan Hill. The two meeting times are 9 am -11 am and 6 pm - 9 pm.
On June 1, 2018, the California High Speed Rail Authority published it's Final 2018 Business Plan.
On March 9, 2018, the California High Speed Rail Authority released it's 2018 Draft Business Plan. The plan was released and is available for public comment.
Key Highlights in the 2018 Draft Business Plan
- The draft business plan acknowledges cost increases affecting each segment of the project ranging from 20-35% and revised schedules that would push out delivery dates for the Silicon Valley to Central Valley Line and Phase 1 System.
- The revised baseline cost estimates show an increase in costs largely driven by the effects of inflation, increased contingencies and previously identified construction delays in the Central Valley. These areas make up 83% of the cost increases associated with the full Phase 1 System build-out between San Francisco and Los Angeles/Anaheim.
- The schedule for the Silicon Valley to Central Valley Line (San Francisco to Bakersfield) and the full Phase 1 System (San Francisco to Los Angeles/Anaheim) are pushed out by as much as four years.
- The draft plan outlines a financing strategy consistent with the one outlined in the 2016 Business Plan to better align the timing of Cap-and-Trade funds so that the project can be delivered in a manner that provides benefits to Californian at the earliest possible time.
- The draft plan reflects the Authority’s commitment to apply lessons learned and make organizational improvements necessary to deliver this project to initiate high-speed rail service between the Silicon Valley and the Central Valley as soon as possible, while completing environmental work and making important investments in Southern California.
2018 Draft Business Plan for High Speed Rail
Online Comment Form on the 2018 Draft Business Plan
You can also leave a verbal comment on the Draft 2018 Business Plan voicemail at (916) 384-9516
On November 15, 2017 Morgan Hill City Council conducted a study session on High Speed Rail related to design alternatives for the proposed Highway 101 alignment. Michael Baker International provided an overview of the three alternatives studied within the 101 corridor. These findings were then shared with High Speed Rail on the feasibility and likelihood as an alignment alternative.
The meeting documents and presentation can be found on the documents and presentation page.
Michael Baker International—Review of Highway 101 Alternative
Michael Baker International is an experienced railroad transit engineering firm that is currently under contract with the City to evaluate Quit Crossings. We are asking this firm for a technical railroad and transit engineering review of the Highway 101 corridor alignment.
Urban Field Studio—Design Guidelines
Urban Field Studio, under the leadership of Frank Fuller, will help the City of Morgan Hill develop project-specific design guidelines to improve on the HSR design through Morgan Hill to: a) develop design solutions through the potentially most impacted areas, such as the Walnut Grove neighborhood, through the Monterey segment adjacent the Morgan Hill Ranch Business Park and Downtown and b) develop design enhancements that take into account the community’s desire for access, circulation, lighting, art, parks and trails, and gateway designs.
Kitchell Cem—City Standards
Kitchell Cem is a General Contractor that offers construction management, real estate development, program management, engineering, and architecture, among other services. Kitchell will review the City’s construction standards (City Standards) and update them and create new ones with HSR’s project in mind. Companies constructing in Morgan Hill are required to abide by the City’s Standards.
The County of Santa Clara has developed a fly-by virtualization of High Speed Rail.
The video can be viewed using the following link: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/dpd/DocsForms/Documents/HSR_flyover_May2017_small.mp4
High Speed Rail Meetings
Documents and Presentations
Contact For more information from the California High-Speed Rail program:
Visit their website
Stay up to Date
If you would like the City of Morgan Hill to update you on information related to High Speed Rail through Morgan Hill please fill out a brief contact form.
You can send your questions to the City of Morgan Hill on High Speed Rail by using our email form.