County and State Orders
Following the direction and orders of public health leaders to stay home except when necessary to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect our most vulnerable community members. The City urges all residents to do their part by following both the County and the State’s orders to stay home except when necessary, and following other guidance from our Public Health Department.
March 24, 2021 Update
Santa Clara County has moved to the Orange Tier of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
Below is a summary of changes effective March 24, 2021.
- Indoor dining at maximum 50% capacity or 200 people, whichever is fewer;
- Retail stores indoors with modifications;
- Gyms and fitness centers indoors at maximum 25% capacity, with indoor pools open;
- Movie theaters at maximum 50% capacity or 200 people, whichever is fewer;
- Family entertainment centers indoors at maximum 25% capacity with modifications for areas of increased risk of proximity; and
- Zoos, museums, and aquariums at 50% maximum indoor capacity.
For more information on what the State allows in the Orange Tier, visit the State's website.