Watering Restricted to three days per week Effective June 15, 2016 through October 31, 2016.
Despite the rainfall we received last winter, California continues to be in a drought and water supplies throughout most of the state have improved, but are still limited. In response to the improvement in the State’s drought condition, the City Council shifted the City's status from a Level 2 Water Supply Shortage Condition to a Level 1 Water Supply Shortage Condition at their June 15, 2016 meeting.
Currently and through October 31, 2016 irrigation is limited to three days a week as follows:
In addition, the following is in effect:
- Restrictions cover all potable water in the Morgan Hill City limits, including water from private wells.
- Pool filling restrictions have been lifted.
- The washing of vehicles is allowed with the use of a hand-held bucket or similar container or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive self-closing water shut-off nozzle or device.
Level 1 restrictions are as follows:
- Limits on Watering Days: Watering or irrigating of lawn, landscape or other vegetated area with potable water is limited to two days per week during the months of April through October as follows:
- Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays for odd numbered addresses
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays for even numbered addresses
- Watering limitations decrease to 1 day a week beginning in November.
We have prepared a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you better understand the Level 1 Water Supply Shortage. If you have any additional questions, send us an email or give us a call at 408-776-7333.
Conserving water is always an important aspect of environmental protection and one that can pay off immediately to you in the form of reducing your water bill.
Morgan Hill residents interested in conserving water can receive the following items at no charge:
- Water Wise Garden Information Packet - Save money by following the information in this packet and designing a water wise landscape. Plant selection, drip irrigation guidelines, and lawn watering information are included.
- Water Saving Shower Heads and Faucet Aerators - Save water while cleaning up by installing these low-flow water appliances.
To receive any or all of these items, please send an email telling us what you want. You may also mail us a note at:
City of Morgan Hill
Environmental Services Division
17555 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Be sure to include your name and address.
Water Wise House Call Program
The Santa Clara County Water Wise House Call program is currently on hold while it undergoes a makeover. To request a notification for when the new program is launched, call the water conservation hotline at (408) 630-2554.
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Water Saving Programs & Tips
- Watch this short video to learn where Morgan Hill’s water comes from, how it is used, and how you can use it more efficiently
- Watch the winning student film created by Spenser Linney for the 1st Annual Water Efficiency and Innovation Film Competition at Stanford
- To report any water waste that you may observe, use this form