Amgen Tour of California-Resident
2019 Amgen Tour of California, Stage 3
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Stage 3 Stage Finish
Time Start: Stockton CA - 10:15 AM PT
Stage 3 Finish: Morgan Hill (16500 Condit Road-Outdoor Sports Center) - Est. 3:45 PM PT
Distance: 128 mi
The race will begin in Stockton California and traverse the central valley to Silicon Valley ending in Morgan Hill at the Outdoor Sports Center on Condit Road. The peloton should be entering Morgan Hill around 3:15/3:30 pm and be finishing at 3:45 pm.
The race will enter Morgan Hill via Monterey Road southbound lanes. Riders will turn left on Cochrane Road and head east towards Butterfield Blvd. Riders will turn right on Butterfield Blvd and head South. At Main Avenue, riders will turn left and head east over Highway 101. At Condit Road, riders turn right and head south on Condit Road. Riders will sprint to the finish infront of the Outdoor Sports Complex.
Tuesday, May 14 from approximately 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm – Full Course Closure
This closure will require partial or full closure of all streets on the route. The enclosed course map provides the route. City street closures include:
- Monterey Road Southbound Lanes Only from Metcalf Road (in San Jose) to Old Monterey Road.
- Northbound Monterey Road between Old Monterey Road and Cochrane Road
- Cochrane Road Eastbound Lanes Only from Monterey Road to Butterfield Boulevard
- Cochrane Road West of Monterey Road
- Butterfield Boulevard Southbound Lanes Only from Cochrane Road to Main Avenue
- Butterfield Boulevard Northbound traffic will not cross Main Avenue (Left turn on Main Only)
- Main Avenue both directions from Butterfield Boulevard and Condit Road
- Condit Road both directions from Main Avenue past San Pedro Avenue to the entrance of the Aquatics Center
Special Street Closure for Condit Road
Monday, May 13 at 10 am to Tuesday, May 14 at 10 pm – Condit Road between San Pedro and the Aquatics Center
Through traffic on this section of Condit Road will not be allowed as setup for the finish line is underway. Businesses in this area will have access via Condit north from Tennant or Condit South from Dunne.
Communication to Residents and Businesses