WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!
The community can follow updates on the City of Morgan Hill’s website and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Nextdoor.
Morgan Hill residents with urgent, non emergency questions or concerns are directed to call or text 408.767.6404. This number will be monitored regularly, Monday - Friday, during the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Messages will be responded to within 24 hours, during weekdays.
In order to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the maximum extent possible, the Santa Clara County’s Public Health Officer, along with the Health Officers of the five adjacent counties and the City of Berkeley, issued a shelter in place order. On March 31st an extended and more stringent shelter in place order was put into place. The extended order is effective March 31st and is expected to last through May 3rd. The County has also provided a partial summary of the order. Read the full press release.
In response to the County Order, the City of Morgan Hill has closed facilities to the public for non essential services as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The City will continue to provide essential city services, including public safety and utility services. Detailed information relating to City of Morgan Hill services can be found below.
City Services and Operations
The following City facilities/services remain open to the public or continue to operate. Please note the most recent changes are BOLD:
- Parks remain open under the allowance for outdoor activities. Please observe social distancing guidelines
- The Senior Lunch Nutrition Program has transitioned to boxed to-go lunches only until further notice. Participants can pick up lunch anytime between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm at the Senior Center.
- Utility Services and Payments - Online, phone, mail or drop box outside City Hall: 408.779.7221 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Inspections for qualified new construction affordable housing projects and essential repairs only - By appointment only. Schedule your appointment here: http://www.morgan-hill.ca.gov/180/Inspection-Requests
- Encroachment Permits - Email BOTH of the following email addresses to submit your encroachment permit application: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encroachment Inspections: Email BOTH of the following email addresses to schedule an encroachment inspection: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The following City facilities are closed to the public through May 3 or until further notice (updates noted in bold):
- All playgrounds and picnic areas, including railroad park, are closed. Please note that for other parks with playgrounds, only the playgrounds are closed.
- Aquatics Center
- Basketball Court at Community Park
- Centennial Recreation Center
- Chamber Building for normal business hours; open during Council/Commission meetings
- Community and Cultural Center
- Corporation Yard
- Morgan Hill City Hall
- Morgan Hill Dog Park
- Morgan Hill Library
- Outdoor Sports Complex
- Par course fitness equipment on Nob Hill Trail
- Skate Park
- Tennis Courts at Community Park
- Recology South Valley continues trash/recycling pick up services - please place cans out the night before your service day
- Morgan Hill Unified School District is providing to-go at lunches via drive through service
- Morgan Hill Gavilan Campus is closed.
- Monday night supper at St. Catherine’s
- Tuesday supper night at Advent Lutheran
- Thursday supper at Community Christian
- Friday supper at Morgan HIll Presbyterian (1st and 3rd Fridays of the month)
- Reach out Food Pantry at St. Catherine’s: Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. for groceries
- Senior lunches to-go at CRC: Monday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Please see Resources and FAQs for Seniors for more information.
In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20 and guidance from the California Department of Public Health on gatherings, remote public participation is allowed. We will address the Order in the following ways:
Members of the public may not physically attend meetings at this time.
The City Council and Planning Commission meetings will be live-streamed on Channel 17 and on the City’s website. Those members of the public wishing to participate remotely may do so via electronic meetings by either logging into or calling via the electronic meeting invitation available on the agenda.
Public comment for City Council meetings will be accepted via email to email@example.com . Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.
Public comment for Planning Commission meetings will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the public participating in the electronic meeting wishing to speak may do so during public comment.