About the RYDE Program
RYDE stands for Reaching Your Destination Easily. RYDE is a curb-to-curb transportation and local trip planning service for adults 65+ living in the Morgan Hill area. RYDE fees are fixed based on the number of miles you travel to a destination.
The RYDE Program can be used for appointments, grocery shopping, visiting with friends, or trips to a location in the Morgan Hill area. RYDE also provides trips to doctors' offices and the CalTrain Station.
Volunteer Opportunity - Volunteers Needed!
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? Have a couple of hours a week to help seniors? The RYDE Program is looking for volunteers. Volunteers will help seniors get to their appointments, run errands, or get groceries.
Call the Senior Center for information. By volunteering for this program, you will:
- Keep Morgan Hill seniors connected to their community!
- Invest your time in a meaningful opportunity.
- Build relationships with people in Morgan Hill.
- Help seniors who are otherwise unable to get around.
Transportation hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Telephone hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Fees are based on a sliding scale based on income and financial assistance is available. RYDE fees are based on (1) income and not net assets and (2) the number of miles you travel to a destination.
- Up to 4 miles = $0.90 to $9.00
- 4.01 miles to 8 miles = $1.30 to $13.00
- 8.01 miles to 16 miles = $1.80 to $18.00
- Anywhere within the City limits of Morgan Hill.
- To medical appointments in Morgan Hill.
- Residents of Campbell or Cupertino:
669-220-0831 or RYDEinfo@wvcommunityservices.org
- Residents of Los Gatos, Saratoga, Monte Sereno:
408-892-9739 or RYDE@sascc.org
Scheduling a RYDE
After completing the application process, please call 2 business days prior to the requested ride or book a RYDE up to 5 weeks ahead.
Support the Senior Center
There are many ways to support the Centennial Recreation Senior Center and help to assure the longevity of its programs and services. For more information, visit our Support the Senior Center webpage