Half-Dividend (Crosswinds) Residential Development
SD2020-0003/SR2020-0010/EA2020-0007: Half-Dividend (Crosswinds)
The purpose of an Environmental Impact Report is to inform decision-makers and the general public of the environmental impacts of a proposed project that an agency (in this case, the City of Morgan Hill) may implement or approve. The EIR process is intended to: (1) provide information sufficient to evaluate a project and its potential for significant impacts on the environment; (2) examine methods (e.g., project- specific mitigations, uniformly applied development regulations) for avoiding or deducing significant impacts; and (3) consider alternatives to the proposed project.
In accordance with CEQA, the Draft EIR will include the following:
- A summary of the project, its potential significant environmental impacts, and mitigations required to avoid or reduce those significant impacts;
- A project description;
- A description of the existing environmental setting, potential environmental impacts, and mitigations for the project;
- Alternatives to the proposed project; and
- Other environmental consequences of the project, including
- (1) growth-inducing effects
- (2) significant unavoidable impacts
- (3) irreversible environmental changes
- (4) cumulative impacts, and
- (5) effects found not to be Significant
The approximately 31 acre project site is located at the intersection of Half Road and Mission View Drive in the City of Morgan Hill. The site is bounded by Half Road to the south and Mission View Road to the east. The project is located on four parcels (APNs 728-30-001, 728-30-002, 728-30-003, and 728-30-004).
The project proposes to construct a total of 269 new one- to two-story residential units, including 56 one- to two-story single family, 64 duets, and 149 three-story condominium units. The project would include approximately 40 below-market-rate (BMR) units. The project proposes recreational areas including a clubhouse, pool, children's play area, and barbeque/picnic areas. The project would also include landscaping, including trees and lawn areas.
The project site would be accessed via three vehicular connections; two site entries from DePaul Drive and one entry from mission View Drive. The project would also include emergency vehicle access to Half Road and DePaul Drive. The site will include private internal streets and would provide access to residences and on-street parking. Each unit would include a two-car garage on the ground floor. On-street parking and uncovered parking stalls would be available to guests.
Project Plans and Specifications
NOTICE OF PREPARATION (NOP)
PUBLIC REVIEW PERIOD
The Scheduled Public Review Period: January 29 through March 17, 2021.
Comments must be received electronically or postmarked on or before March 17, 2021. During the comment period, written comments may be submitted in the following ways:
- By mail - Attn: Gina Paolini, Development Services, 17575 Peak Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org