- Development Services
- 2021 Housing Conversation
2021 Housing Conversation
The City of Morgan Hill's Housing Workshops
The May 19 & June 2, 16, and 23, 2021, workshop series covered a roadmap of housing in Morgan Hill, how we got here, and the future of housing for current and future residents, especially given State mandates for housing production geared to easing the housing crisis. All materials and video recordings from workshops and other agencies' events are available below, but some highlights from two of the City's workshops are:
All Things Housing, May 19
- Levels of affordability are based upon Area Median Income or AMI, which is calculated for each locality and household size
- Santa Clara County’s AMI is $151,300 for a 4-person family and $105,900 for a 1-person family
- Low-income is considered approx. 80% of AMI or $117,750 for a 4-person household
- If you make up to $181,550 for a 4-person household and up to $127,100 for a 1-person household, you qualify for affordable housing
Full presentation available; info above found on slides 18 and 19.
Housing Affordability, June 16
- How can I determine if I qualify for affordable rent? See slides 13 & 14
- If you make up to $117,750 for a 4-person family and up to $82,450 for a 1-person family, you could qualify for Affordable Rental Housing, slide 15
Full presentation is available.
All Previous Housing Workshops & Meetings
Affordable Housing 101 in Spanish with English Translation
Virtual Event, Tuesday, May 18
- Event hosted by the County of Santa Clara's Office of Supportive Housing as part of Affordable Housing Month 2021.
- This Spanish language event, with English language translation, will introduce attendees to affordable housing and empower them to access affordable housing opportunities. Though intended to reach out and engage with South County residents about affordable housing, residents from all parts of the County are welcome to attend and participate. Workshop developed through a collaboration between the County of Santa Clara, the City of Gilroy, and the City of Morgan Hill.
May 18, 2021, Housing Workshop Video (youtube)
Community Workshop: All things Housing - Wednesday, May 19
- Cities must create Housing Elements as a part of their overall General Plan for the future of the City. Bay Area cities are beginning the process of creating their Housing Elements for the next cycle. This workshop will include discussions about zoning, development rights, current housing projects update, and Morgan Hill's housing inventory make-up.
- May 19, 2021, Housing Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- May 19, 2021, All Thing Housing Workshop Video (YouTube)
All things Housing - In-person, May 22, 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Third Street, near front of the parking garage
Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias En Espanol - May 23
Introducción básica a la vivienda asequible! Aprender mas sobre:
- Vivienda asequible. ¿Que es?
- Que tiene que hacer para solicitar una vivienda asequible.
- Recursos disponibles para información y asistencia.
- May 23, 2021, Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias Workshop Video (YouTube)
- May 23, 2021, Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias Workshop Presentation (PDF)
A Model for Agricultural Workforce Housing in South County
Friday, May 28 at 10:00 a.m.
This event is hosted by the City as part of Affordable Housing Month 2021.
Panel Discussion Recorded and Presented on YouTube.
South County farms and agriculture workers feed Santa Clara County and housing is a critical and basic need. This population often gets overlooked and its contribution to our communities is essential.
Join this panel of stakeholders to discuss the importance of working towards meeting this need and a model for building agriculture workforce housing in South County. Rebecca Garcia, Morgan Hill Housing; Robert Rivas, Assembly Member District 30; David Cox, Saint Josephs in Gilroy; Micahel Meehan, Santa Clara County Planning
- Helena Roberts, Santa Clara County Division of Agricultural
- Sergio Salazar, Valley Homeless Healthcare Program
- John Bigley, UHC Communities
- Consuelo Hernandez, Santa Clara County Office of Supportive Housing
Community Workshop - State Mandates for Housing Production
Wednesday, June 2, City Council Meeting
June 2, 2021, Meeting Discussing the State Mandates (YouTube)
- What is the Housing Element and Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA)
- What are the recent laws that affect housing production, application processing, and the City
Town Hall - Creating Inclusive Communities through Design Form
Thursday, June 10 at 5:30 p.m.
- Virtual meeting recorded session (YouTube)
- Presentation: Design and Inclusive Communities
- Presentation: Community Design