How does the program work?
- The property owner must submit an Inspection Report Form (PDF) completed by a Qualified Contractor and submit CCTV footage of the inspection to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The property owner completes either the REPAIR application or the REPLACEMENT application based upon the results of the Inspection Report.
- The property owner provides bids from three (3) licensed contractors for the construction work to repair or replace the line. Those bids are submitted on the application for the city to review.
- The property owner will be contacted by the City to be informed if the application is approved or denied.
- A Letter of Approval must be received by the property owner BEFORE any construction work can begin. All work previously done will be ineligible for grant funding.
- For repairs on private property, contact the Building Division to obtain a Plumbing Permit.
- For repairs in the public right of way, contact the Engineering Department for an Encroachment Permit.
- Property owners will have 90 days to complete the project, pay the contractor, and request grant payment.
- Once all sewer lateral line repair or replacement work is completed, the property owner submits a copy of the “Paid-In-Full” invoice to the City of Morgan Hill for the work performed by the contractor for the approved amount on the application.
- The City of Morgan Hill processes the “Paid-In-Full” invoice for payment. Payment will be made within 30 days. Please note, the “Paid-In-Full” invoice should be stamped “Paid-In-Full” or written and initialed by the contractor that it is “Paid-In-Full”.
The City will only reimburse 50% of the lowest bid up to a maximum of $2,000 for repairs or $5,000 for replacements.