Aquatic Fitness Classes
A variety of levels of aqua fitness classes are available at the Morgan Hill Aquatics Center (AC) and Centennial Recreation Center (CRC). All aquatics fitness classes are included as part of the CRC membership. Youth 12+ are allowed and encouraged to workout in aqua fitness classes. Customers can also elect to pay a drop-in fee to participate in classes. Please view our current pool schedules /documentcenter/view/786 for available classes and times.
This shallow water class is designed to accommodate all fitness levels. With a combination of cardiovascular conditioning, toning techniques, and strengthening exercise, this class will provide you with a total body workout, minus the effect from hard surfaces. Aqua socks or water shoes are recommended.
Deep H2O Dynamics
This class is designed for the more proficient swimmers and is taught in 7’ of water. Deep water aerobics with the assistance of cuffs and hand buoys will increase flexibility, strength, cardiovascular endurance, balance, and motor coordination in a non-impact environment.
A low-impact water exercise course designed to improve muscular strength, flexibility, balance, and cardiovascular fitness. Non-swimming exercises will involve Latin-based dance steps and variations using Aqua Zumba dance vocabulary and music.
Lap swimming is currently available at the AC and CRC. Lap swim is included in a CRC membership, or customers can pay a drop-in fee. Full details are available.
Upcoming AC Closures and Modified Programs
- No Aqua Fitness class on Saturday October 21st, 2023 due to a swim meet.
- Lap Swim will be offered from 5:00 A.M.-7:00 A.M. on Saturday October 21st due to a swim meet.
- No Lap Swim or Aqua Fitness on Thursday November 23rd, for Thanksgiving.
- No Lap Swim or Aqua Fitness on Monday December 25th, for Christmas Day.
Aqua Fitness and Aqua Zumba Guidelines
- Please be prompt to class. If you arrive late for class, please take the time to do an active warm-up and stretch session before you join the class.
- If you must leave class early, please be sure to cool down properly by walking around for a few minutes.
- Please refrain from excessive conversation with other class members; it is distracting and inconsiderate to other members and instructors.
Lap Swim/Aqua Fitness Admission
|Lap Swim/Aqua Fitness Drop-In||$13|