Utility Inspections at Property Sale
Private Sewer Lateral & Plumbing Fixture Inspections
Below are the required forms to receive Certificates of Compliance before property sale. Please follow the process outlined in the Point of Sale Flow Chart (PDF) and use the forms listed below.
- Utility Inspections at Property Sale Inspection Report (PDF)
- Exemption Form for Utility Inspections at Property Sale (PDF)
- Transfer of Responsibility to Repair and/or Retrofit (PDF)
Financial Assistance Programs
Private Sewer Lateral Repair and/or Replacement Grant
- To learn how to apply for private sewer lateral repair/replacement financial assistance program, please visit our Grant webpage.
Toilet Replacement Program
- Are you a part of the PG&E Energy Savings Assistance Program? That means you are also eligible to receive a free high efficient toilet to replace your toilet(s) 1.6 gallons per flush or greater.
- A maximum of 3 toilets may be replaced per household.
- Full toilet replacement is required to meet the provisions of the Water Conservation Inspection Ordinance. No retrofit kit upgrades or flapper replacements will be accepted.
- Replacements are available until funds are depleted.
- To apply and for more details reach out to Valley Water's Water Conservation Program.
Qualified Contractors/Licensed Plumbers
|Private Sewer Lateral|
Qualified Contractor Requirements
Licensed Plumber Requirements
|State Licensed with California (C-36)||State Licensed with California (C-36)|
|Morgan Hill Business License||Morgan Hill Business License|
Private Sewer Lateral - Qualified Contractors
All private sewer lateral inspections must be conducted by a Qualified Contractor from the provided list: Qualified Contractors (PDF).
If you are a plumber and meet the three requirements above, please contact PSL.WC@morganhill.ca.gov to be added to the Qualified Contractor's List.
Water Conservation - Licensed Plumbers
Toilets, showerheads, and urinals need to be inspected by a Licensed Plumber.
Ready to Turn on Water Service?
Go to the Utility Billing Division and complete the "Start residential water service" form and provide:
- Certificates of Compliance for Private Sewer Lateral and Water Conservation; AND/OR
- Exemption Form for Utility Inspections at Property Sale; OR
- Transfer of Responsibility Form for Utility Inspections at Property Sale, with a copy of the initial Utility Inspection report and a copy of the PSL CCTV video footage.
Need to Make Repairs to the PSL?
Contact the Building Department to ensure all appropriate permits are pulled:
- For repairs on private property - Plumbing Permit
- For repairs in the public right of way (sidewalk, street) - Encroachment Permit