Effective April 1 through October 31, 2021
Watering is Restricted to Three Days Per Week
The City of Morgan Hill has a long history of leadership in ensuring that water is used efficiently. To see the current water use rules and regulations, go to our Rules and Regulations page or read the complete Water Waste Ordinance No. 2236 (PDF). To report any water waste that you may observe, use this form.
Water Conserving Landscapes
Are you looking to upgrade your landscape to one that uses less water? The City has created several attractive and water conserving public gardens that you may visit for ideas for your own garden. Learn more.
Valley Water’s Landscape Rebate Program
To help with your landscape conversion, Valley Water’s Landscape Rebate Program is available to all Santa Clara County homeowners, apartments and commercial sites that make qualifying water efficient upgrades to their landscape. Since Morgan Hill is a cost sharing area, rebates of up to $3,000 for residential sites and $60,000 for commercial/multi-family sites (5 or more units) are available. This program is designed to encourage residents and businesses to convert approved high water use landscape, such as lawns and pools, to low water use landscape as well as to retrofit existing irrigation equipment with approved high efficiency irrigation equipment. Sites wishing to participate in the rebate program must complete a pre-inspection and submit an online application for approval before beginning any work on their project. Visit Valley Water’s website for complete details.
Valley Water’s Water Wise Survey Program
This two-part program will help you save water indoors and out. Sign up for one or both!
- Water Wise Outdoor Survey: Offered to single family and small multi-family sites (under 1/2 acre). A trained irrigation professional will evaluate the irrigation system, flagging issues onsite, adjusting the irrigation controller and creating a custom report detailing the survey findings.
- Do-It-Yourself Water Wise Indoor Survey: Customers may request a Do-it-Yourself kit to evaluate indoor water use that includes a flow rate bag for testing shower and sink flow rates and dye tablets to test toilets for leaks. Included in the kit will be a step-by-step guide to evaluating your own water use, including:
- Meter leak test
- Toilet leak test
- Sink/Shower flow rates
- General indoor leak information
- Booklet that includes space to record your results and a form to fill out to request free conservation items, such as a toilet flapper or low flow showerhead/sink aerator.
To schedule a survey or request a DIY Kit, please call (408) 630-2554 or visit the Valley Water website.
Conserving water is always an important aspect of environmental protection and one that can pay off immediately to you in the form of reducing your water bill.
Morgan Hill residents interested in conserving water can receive the following items at no charge:
- Water Wise Garden Information Packet - Save money by following the information in this packet and designing a water wise landscape. Plant selection, drip irrigation guidelines, and lawn watering information are included.
- Water Saving Shower Heads and Faucet Aerators - Save water while cleaning up by installing these low-flow water appliances.
- Do-It-Yourself Water Wise Indoor Survey Kit - Includes a flow rate bag for testing shower and sink flow rates, dye tablets to test toilets for leaks and other information to help you evaluate your indoor water use.
To receive any or all of these items, please send an email telling us what you want. You may also mail us a note at:
City of Morgan Hill
Environmental Services Division
17575 Peak Avenue
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Be sure to include your name and address.