Effective November 1, 2023 - February 29, 2024
Watering Limited to Wednesdays ONLY
Typical lawn and garden bed sprinkler irrigation:
- Watering on Wednesdays ONLY for all addresses and properties with no address
- Irrigation shall only be scheduled before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
- Prevent runoff in any watering cycle
- Each valve or zone shall run for a maximum of 15 minutes in any one day
- No watering of non-functional turf at commercial, industrial and institutional properties
- Excessive use, loss or escape of water through breaks, leaks or other malfunctions in the water user’s plumbing or distribution system is prohibited for any period of time after such escape of water should have reasonably been discovered and corrected.
For businesses, limits exist on automatically serving water at restaurants, hotels offering guests the option to decline daily linen service, and construction sites using non-potable water for most site activities.
The City of Morgan Hill has a long history in ensuring that water is used efficiently. You can read the complete Water Waste Ordinance No. 2342 (PDF) or see a list of Frequently Asked Questions. To report any water waste that you may observe, use our online form.
Population Growth & Water Conservation
The connection between growth and water use is weaker than one might expect. Incredibly, our entire County uses about the same amount of water now as it did 30 years ago.
Valley Water’s Water Wise Survey Program
This two-part program will help you save water indoors and out. Sign up for one or both!
- Water Wise Outdoor Survey - A trained irrigation professional will evaluate and adjust the irrigation system.
- Do-It-Yourself Water Wise Indoor Survey - Customers may request a Do-it-Yourself kit to evaluate indoor water use, including a flow rate bag for testing shower and sink flow rates and dye tablets to test toilets for leaks.
Valley Water’s Landscape Rebate Program
Visit Valley Water’s website for complete details.
Valley Water’s Leak Program
Interested in upgrading your plumbing fixtures for free? Visit the Plumbing Fixture Retrofit webpage for details.
For free water-saving tools shipped directly to your door, load your Valley Water shopping cart!