CCW Phase II
- Applicants will be contacted by the authorized psychological services agency (Core Psychological Corporation) to schedule an appointment. A payment link will be provided by Core Psychological Corporation for the applicant to pay directly, as the fee charged will be for the actual cost of the assessment.
- Upon completion of the psychological evaluation, Core Psychological Corporation will notify the Morgan Hill Police Department whether the applicant passed or failed the assessment.
- Core Psychological Corporation will be evaluating applicants for the purpose of identifying any outward indications or history of psychological problems that may render the applicant unfit to carry a firearm. Indications include:
- Propensity to harm self or others
- An inability to distinguish reality from delusion
- Prosopagnosia - inability to recognize facial expressions, and/or experience blurred images, face blindness, etc.
- Inability to control their behavior or impulses
- Current abuse of alcohol or controlled substances
- Inability to exercise sound judgment regarding the use of a firearm in a manner that is consistent with the law
Firearms Training, Inspection & Safety
- To assure applicants are receiving training regarding best practices and in compliance with mandates and/or laws, CCW license qualification certificates dated prior to receiving notification regarding initial determination of being a disqualified person pursuant to Pen. Code § 26202 will not be accepted.
- All new CCW license applicants shall complete a 16-hour course of training which includes instruction on firearm safety, handling of the firearm, shooting technique, and laws regarding the permissible use of a firearm.
- The course shall include live-fire shooting exercises on a firing range and a demonstration by the applicant of safe handling and shooting proficiency with each firearm the applicant is applying to be licensed to carry.
- No more than three (3) Firearms will be listed on a CCW license.
- Firearms are to be free from alterations from the manufacturer’s specifications, excluding sights or grips; for example, no trigger adjustments, as the department has the right to deny a license for any firearm which has been altered from the manufacture specifications or a firearm deemed unsafe. Additionally, no "AR Pistol” platform or similar style handguns will be approved and the handgun must be capable of being concealed upon a person.
Police DepartmentPhysical Address
16200 Vineyard Boulevard
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Graffiti Abatement Reporting
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.