Basic Permit Information
A permit is required for the installation of a solar PV system and an electric vehicle charging station (EVCS) for all residential and commercial buildings.
An application and plans may be emailed directly to the Building Division. You will be notified when the permit is ready to be issued.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Two Sets of Plans including:
- A Plot Plan showing the location of the solar panels, equipment
- Installation guidelines and/or engineered drawings
- Panel Load Calculations for EV charging stations
Note: Structural calculations may be required.
- An Electrical Final inspection is required.
- A footing inspection and/or underground electrical inspection may also be required if panels or electric vehicle chargers are ground mounted.