Nonprofit charitable organizations, mobile home park associations, or senior citizen organizations within the City of Morgan Hill who operate bingo games for charitable purposes will require a Bingo Permit.
Bingo is defined as a game of chance in which prizes are awarded on the basis of designated numbers or symbols on a card which conforms to numbers of symbols selected at random.
- Submit a Bingo Permit Application (via email) at least 30 days before the beginning of the bingo game
- Submit the following application documents (via email):
- copy of Exempt Status certificates or letters from the California Franchise Tax Board (if applicable)
- copy of statement of ownership, lease, or use of premises for operating bingo games
- statement of ownership of bingo equipment
- statement of consent for Chief of Police to investigate any bank accounts containing bingo game profits
- copies of the last three years of tax returns (if requested)
- Pay Bingo Permit Fee (billed electronically)
- The applicant will be notified when the Bingo Permit has been approved and will receive a signed copy. The permit is to be available on the premises.
Additional permits and licenses may be required.
For information regarding gambling and other games of chance: Please visit the California Bureau of Gambling Control.
State Guidance Related to Covid-19, Beyond June 15, 2021
To submit permit application and documents or to ask a permit question, please contact the Police Department’s Permits Division.
If you have questions about an occurring bingo game, please call Morgan Hill Police Department’s non-emergency number: 408-779-2101.