Welcome to the Planning Division!
The Planning Division provides a variety of services aimed at creating and maintaining an equitable, vibrant, and safe environment. Our mission is to strategically plan for thriving communities through the implementation of the City’s land use policies and regulations. Our key responsibilities include:
- Review Planning permit applications
- Oversee the City’s Zoning Code and Ordinances
- Implement the General Plan, Downtown Specific Plan, and other guiding documents
- Engage with the community on future growth and development proposals
- Provide customer service and respond to Planning and Zoning related inquiries
The Planning Division is open on a walk-in basis for in-person services. No appointments are required for in-person permit counter inquiries. We only accept electronic copies of applications and plans. You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-778-6480 ext. 2.
Reference documentation and information is available in the Archive Center.
To view development projects, please visit the Development Projects page.
When is a Planning Permit Required?
Permits through the Planning Division are required for most projects. Below are the types of projects or proposals that require a Planning permit:
- New residential, commercial, and industrial developments
- General Plan and Zoning Amendments
- Conditional Use/Temporary Use Permits
- Tree Removal Permits
- Sign Permits
- Environmental Review
- Development in Hillside areas