Applications / Permits / Fees
The City of Morgan Hill accepts applications and plans via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE: Only PDF Submittals will be accepted. For best user experience, we recommend saving PDF forms to your computer, and then open it directly in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
If your application type is not included in the Application Submittal checklist above, please review the following documents for submittal requirements.
- Project Identification Sign (Example)
- Outdoor Dining Program Preliminary Application (PDF). For more information, please refer to the Outdoor Dining Manual (PDF)
Supplemental Application Forms and Materials
- Habitat Plan Documents/Worksheets/Applications
- Storm Water Management Development Standards (including Manual)
- Residential Development Design and Development Standards (PDF)
- SB 330 Housing Development Approval Timeline (PDF)
- Environmental Services Division Checklist for Design Permit (PDF)
- Inclusionary Housing Ordinance Checklist (pdf)
- Recology New Development Enclosure Guidelines and Questionnaire (pdf)
- Planning Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024 (PDF*)
*Fees include all surcharges
To offset the financial impact of new development or a new business on public infrastructure, new projects may be subject to Impact Fees. Impact fees are calculated and due at building permit issuance. The Morgan Hill Business Portal offers a free Development Impact Fee Estimate calculation.
Alternatively, the City of Morgan Hill's Engineering Land Development Division can create an estimate for your project for a $350 fee. Fees are updated twice yearly. Final impact fees may vary from the estimate. For more information, contact Engineering Land Development at 408-778-6480.
Housing Development Projects
For the City’s Housing Development Process and SB 330 application submittal requirements please review Housing Development Process.
Whether you’re an existing business in Morgan Hill or planning to relocate or start a new business in town, the city is here to help you. This Business Resource Document (PDF) will help you get on the right track.
Filing Requirements Checklists
All applications, project plans, and supporting material must be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Administrative Use Permit (PDF)- Request for administrative land use permit for uses outside of Downtown
- Annexations (PDF) - Request for adjustment of city limits boundary
- Appeals (PDF) - Request for Planning Commission or City Council review of decision
- Conceptual Plan Review (PDF) - Request for staff review of site, architectural, or landscape plans
- Conditional Use Permit (PDF) - Request for conditional land use approval
- Design Review (PDF) - Request for approval of site, architectural, and landscape plans
- Development Agreement (PDF) - Request for approval of an agreement between the city and developer
- Development Agreement Amendment (PDF) - Request to amend a previously approved development agreement
- Development Approval Amendment (PDF) - Request to amend any previous approvals
- Extension of Time (PDF) - Request to extend an approval period
- General Plan Amendment - Request for a change to the land use designation
- Historical Alteration Permit (PDF) - Request to alter a designed cultural resource
- Historical Resource Designation (PDF) - Request to have a structure or site designated as a cultural resource
- Minor Exceptions (PDF) - Request for minor exception approval
- Out of Agency Contract for Services (PDF) - Request for extension of city services beyond the city limits
- Preliminary Plan Review (PDF) - Request for staff, planning commission and/or City Council review and comment on a preliminary plan
- Private Residential Livestock Permit (PDF) - Request to keep large animals within the city limits
- Temporary Signage Handout (PDF)
- Temporary Use Permit (PDF) - Request for approval of a temporary use permit
- Tentative Parcel and Subdivision Maps (PDF) - Requests for the division of land
- Transfer of Permitted Development Rights (TDC’s) (PDF) - Request for issuance of transferable development rights
- Urban Service Area Amendment (PDF) - Request to amend the Urban Service Area Boundary. (No new USA applications accepted, pending certification of Annexation EIR pursuant to February 2017 LAFCO/City Settlement Agreement and City Council Policy CP07-05).
- Variance (PDF) - Request for variation to zoning code requirement
- Zoning Classification (includes PD Combining Districts) and Text Amendments (PDF) - Request to amend the zoning designation on a parcel or request to amend the zoning text within Chapter 18 of the Municipal Code